Of course this ad has already been flagged for removal… it’s too absurd to exist. As far as I can tell from reading the description of the daily tasks, this person would expected to do… everything but design… including being a personal chef! I actually can’t tell how someone could do all that in day while, most likely, being significantly underpaid. Just in case the link goes away again, the whole posting is below the divide.
Girl Friday / Admin Assistant (SOMA / south beach)
We’re a small, tight team of designers located in the heart of SOMA and we’re looking for a smart, highly reliable, self-motivated Personal Assistant / Admin to join our world class, fairly wacky team.
As our assistant we want you to have a positive, fun attitude while also being OCD compatible. We need you to be a good cook and be comfortable cooking simple Paleo meals and grilling meats.
Being famliar wtih the design/tech industry is preferred. Any basic knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus, but not required. You’ll need to be able to multitask, manage several projects at once as well as help with day to day tasks that come up.
Having a car is also a HUGE plus, as well as the ability to enjoy being surrounded by creative weirdoes.
If we’ve sparked your interest, drop us your resume, and a little blurb about yourself. Don’t be afraid to tell us about your wild passion about zombie movies, or your secret recipe for the perfect gin cocktail.
Working hours would be between 10am-3:30pm Monday through Thursday.
Salary negotiated based on experience.
Lunch provided daily
Please email an intro with your resume.
Daily Tasks - Cooking + Kitchen
• Keep kitchen clean - dishes/sink/loading + unloading dishwasher before + after lunch
• Cook lunch - Must be comfortable cooking simple Paleo foods, grilling meats and being careful about food allergies
• Clean up after lunch + put away dishes/cookware
• Help Create meal plans for week + grocery lists
• Go Grocery Shopping when needed and order groceries online
Daily Tasks - Office
• Check Time tracking software for time entries and remind contractors to submit timesheets
• Answer phones
• Electronic and physical filing + scanning
• Light billing and prep work for invoicing
• Enforcing schedule and calendar so staff stays on schedule meeting project timelines
• Support staff in meeting preparation and presentation materials
• Manage both professional and personal calendars, to-do lists, travel and correspondence.
• Keep up social media channels for company
• Assist in organization of UI Library
• Put together presentation templates + proposals
• Help edit text and documents for various projects
• Make updates to website and be knowledgeable with Wordpress
• Keep projects organized in Basecamp
• Help keep projects synced between Basecamp and Team Gaant
• Work with team to develop effective and efficient ways to run projects
• Provide simple tech support to keep office running smoothly (Mac Based)
• Be comfortable working on Mac’s
• Be able to support phone lines and calendars and other office products when needed
• Research a wide variety of products, apps and services that we can use in the office
• Run errands as needed
• Keep inventory of cleaning + office supplies and order when needed
• Cut down boxes and take to recycling
• Keep office clean and organized, including supply closets
• Prepare packages for shipping and take to post office when needed
• Prepping office for client visits (setting up projector, preparing beverages for clients)
• Assist with personal (and sometimes mundane) tasks + chores
• Must be a good cook and be comfortable cooking simple Paleo meals + working around food allergies
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Confident and assertive when necessary
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
• Good judgment and discretion with confidential information
• Proficient at multi-tasking and follow-through
• Exceptional organizational skills - OCD welcomed!
• Comfortable prepping meals daily + cleaning kitchen after cooking
• Ability to remain flexible in an occasionally hectic and pressured environment
• Basic Photoshop + Illustrator a huge plus
• Must like dogs, especially Frenchies:)